Tuesday, May 10, 2011

catwings on mother's day

Happy Mother's Day to me! Mrs. Jane Tabby suckling her babies
hubby had to go to cebu, and is still there, but he was still able to make my day on Mother's Day. he sent my son and i a package last saturday, with mine having strict instructions to open on May8. my son already opened his, a Pokemon book, while i waited for sunday to come. my hubby was already coaxing me to open it but i stood my ground.

so upon waking up on May8, i immediately opened my present. lo and behold it was a pair of rare (in the Phils.) children's books by Ursula K. Le Guin (of Earthsea Cycle fame), one of my favorite authors.


 i love cats, and i found Catwings a perfect urban fantasy read. it is accompanied by beautiful illustrations by S. D. Schindler.

so fluffeeee!!!


the illustrations remind me of Natsuo's cat drawings, sans the wings. the short stories are very straight-forward, but wonderfully written. my son and i read a part of it last night, and he enjoyed it, already looking forward to continue reading it later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...